Monday, February 6, 2017

Mexicans Border Crossing- The Entire Journey

Did you see the entire original commercial.
My child's father is Mexican, we are not together, I returned to Canada when I got pregnant and while the idea of him immigrating here was considered there was a high cost, many many issues and in the end he just did not want to live here

We have returned 3 times, for 5 months each time but have not been for 4 years now. I love my Mexican families as we have many that have reached out and adopted us, helping us with shelter, food, support and love. I miss them all very very much and I worry about them and I am outraged by Trump and his followers.

I worry about my child and what her future will be like. I am grateful we live in Canada but so sad and disturbed by the way things are going as racism thrives here too while people like to think we are so inclusive just look at Canada's ugly history of Residential Schools and the current situation of high percentages of Indigenous people incarcerated

 Here is the link to this statistic
http://www.oci-bec.gc.ca/cnt/rpt/oth-aut/oth-aut20121022info-eng.aspx

Watching this video and understanding how deeply we are affected by the threat of the wall and all that it entails.

So grateful we do not have to make a journey like this but in realityy this is everyone's journey.
We must break down on a the walls of injustice, hate and racism.



If you are not familiar with what a journey like this entails then you should learn. This women and child arrive, most do not and there are courageous caring souls that actually go out and retrieve the bodies so they can some how give closure to the families. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Migrant_deaths_along_the_Mexico%E2%80%93United_States_border



Mr. Trump should visit here. 
TRIGGER WARNING- GRAPHIC IMAGES & DESCRIPTIONS
In 2011, the Pima County Office of the Medical Examiner (OME) recovered 184 dead migrants from southern Arizona's Sonoran Desert. Dead in the Desert takes you inside the Pima County OME, as medical investigators attempt to identify and repatriate the bodies of two migrants recovered from the desert on June 26, 2011.