Monday, October 3, 2016

We are fulfilling prophesy now








 Excerpts from videos.

"UAN GONZÁLEZ: And is it conceivable that the government is just deciding to wait out the encampments and hoping that eventually the numbers will dissipate, and then that section of the pipeline can be constructed later on?"

"LADONNA BRAVE BULL ALLARD: I believe that’s so, because they think that we cannot handle the winter. I’m from North Dakota. Winter is nothing. We are already preparing. We know how to survive in the winter. And who is staying? Oh, the grandmas, all the grandmas who are saying they’re staying, because the water is so important, their children and grandchildren are so important. We have been here for thousands of years. We’re not going anywhere."

"LADONNA BRAVE BULL ALLARD: Oh, yes. Well, I told Dakota Access that if I’m the only person standing, I’m standing. They will not build this pipeline. I have personal reasons, though, you know? You know, my son is buried there. And I’m just a mom. But in my mind, I can’t conceive anybody to build a pipeline next to my son’s grave. So, like I tell everybody, it’s not some grandiose "save the world." It’s just a mom. So, that’s just on my personal side. But did you see where I live? Oh, my god, it is so beautiful. I mean, every day the buffalo are out there. The eagles are out there. I love my river."

"AMY GOODMAN: How long will these resistance camps continue?
LADONNA BRAVE BULL ALLARD: We’re in a process of healing. I don’t think it’s going to end. We have only just begun. We are fulfilling prophesy now. The prophesies our people told a hundred years ago are coming to pass. I see them before my eyes. Nothing is going to go back. We can only change. My whole idea is to have the world change their worldview, that maybe we can live with the Earth instead of destroying the Earth. And I’m hoping that all people can get that message."

http://sacredstonecamp.org/
http://sacredstonecamp.org/supply-list/  Wishlist
http://sacredstonecamp.org/faq/#howtohelp





  • What does Mni Wiconi mean?
Mni wiconi (pronounced “mini we-choh-nee”) is Lakota for “water is life.”

  • What’s all this about Black Snakes?
When we refer to the pipeline as a black snake, we are referencing an old Lakota prophecy that speaks of a black snake (zuzeca sape) crossing the land, bringing with it destruction and devastation.

  • What are the Sacred Stones?
The camp is named for the Iŋyaŋ Wakháŋagapi Othí: the sacred stones for which this area was originally named. Later called cannonballs by colonizers, they are large, spherical stones that were created by the confluence of currents where the Cannonball and Missouri rivers meet. The rivers stopped producing these sacred stones when the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers dredged and flooded the rivers in the 1950’s.

  • Who do I contact with media inquiries?
Please contact sacredstonemedia@gmail.com
and review our Media Guidelines.